Natural England is advising that applications for new residential development within the Solent region must demonstrate nitrogen neutrality to address the tests of the Habitats Regulations. This requires an assessment of nitrogen inputs into the Solent through increased outputs from relevant Waste Water Treatment Works against measures to mitigate and/or offset the increased nitrogen load.
Holbury offers the following services:
• Nitrogen calculations to determine the nitrogen balance for residential schemes using Natural England’s modelling tool.
• Advice on mitigation options within the red line.
• Exploration of offsetting opportunities for both landowners and developers and facilitation of link-up of between the two where opportunities exist.
• Advice in relation to planning, funding and delivery mechanisms to secure mitigation and/or offsets in perpetuity.
• Preparation of all relevant documentation, as required.
© Copyright 2020 - Holbury Consultancy Service Ltd - All Rights Reserved